Individual Membership Proposition – Launch
Individual Membership of the Institute for Organisational Development will be officially launched on Wednesday 21st November 2018. This proposition will cater for all those individuals who would like to join the UK’s professional body for OD.
Institute Advisory Group Chair, Andy Meadows:
“I am delighted to be involved in the Institute for Organisational Development at such an important time when we mark the launch of the individual membership scheme to those working in and/or having a passion for the profession of Organisational Development (OD).
“Whilst this is a significant step in the development of the Institute, it is much more important for all those working in the field of OD to now have the opportunity to be recognised by becoming a member of the UK’s professional body for the promotion and development of the art, science and practice of OD.
“I look forward to playing my part as chair, alongside my colleagues on the Advisory Group to support the Institute and its team in this successful launch and to see the individual membership community continue to grow and become established.”
The Institute for Organisational Development’s Membership Community is a well-established, continually-growing population, it was the Membership Community itself which made the successful application to government for The Beech Centre to be awarded Institute status, enabling the Institute for OD to be realised in April 2018. The Institute for OD’s Membership Community has and will always continue to be at the heart of all its work.
Due to the field of OD only being recognised as a profession in April 2018, those individuals who have been working in OD roles and have wanted to join a professional body or look for CPD and networking opportunities up until present have had to seek this membership from the bodies of neighbouring or associated professions.
The Institute for OD exists to enable increased choice for our Members and others who may be seeking membership or entry into the profession for those individuals wishing to affiliate themselves with the UK’s professional body for OD practitioners and affiliates in the UK.
Members of the Institute’s Advisory Group came up with three underpinning principles for what the Institute should be striving to become at their most recent strategy day in June 2018:
Fun Fresh Forthright
With a growing base of organisational and Individual Members, this is an opportunity to be part of a professional body which provides a range of options to maximise the potential for those practicing and supporting great OD to be recognised and appreciated across organisations.
Membership features and benefits
For the first year of Individual Membership (Nov 2018-Nov 2019), we will be offering Founding Member or Founding Practitioner status.
As Founding Members, in your first year of Membership, you will receive the following benefits which will be launched throughout the year at dates to be confirmed:
- Recognition of your Founding Member Institute Status with Membership Certificate and Designation Letters – MIfOD or PIfOD
- Membership Welcome Pack with details about how to get the most from your Membership, which includes: Member Brochure, Programme of Themed Events, details on all Institute development programmes with programme schedule for 19-20
- Receive the value of your Membership Fee back each and every time you book a place on an Institute development programme
- Access to wider OD community (both Individual and Strategic) and CPD through Membership Programme of Events, which includes: Member Conferences (two per year), OD Masterclass Series, OD Round Table events, Alternative CPD sessions for Practitioners and discounted place at Annual OD Awards evening* in March 2019 (*£50 plus VAT – invitations will be on a first come first serve basis)
- Complimentary use of the Institute for OD facilities at the Drewton Estate (subject to availability and booking)
- Access to books, periodicals and resources
- Opportunity to be involved with the shaping and development of all key areas of the Individual Membership proposition and benefits, which are to be launched in full from November 2019
All those who register for Founding Member Status within the first twelve-month period of Membership (Nov 2018- Nov 2019) will retain their Founding Member status for the lifetime of their membership.
Future – November 2019 onwards
Individual Members will be in full receipt of all developing benefits, as well as any additional benefits developed in conjunction with feedback and ideas generated with founding members throughout the first year.
As a commitment to adopting a “fresh” approach which increases choice for all individuals, The Institute for OD will not be adopting a traditional scaled approach to fees. We believe that we are offering a model which is not built in a traditionally hierarchical nature, but rather with unique categories and levels which cater for individuals dependent on their specific relationship to the OD field.
These designated categories and levels will be clearly linked and mapped to CPD and Levels 3, 5, 7 and MSc of the Institute development programmes.
As the Individual Membership proposition will be being developed in collaboration with Founding Members throughout this first year, we will be offering Founding Member or Founding Practitioner Status for anyone joining the Individual Membership community between Nov 2018-Nov 2019 at an annual fee of £80 plus VAT.
Please fill out the short form below to register your interest in becoming an Individual Member and one of the Institute’s Membership Services Team will be in touch within five working days to help you with your application. Alternatively, you can also email the Membership Services Team directly on firstname.lastname@example.org.